Sunday, February 21, 2021

🔥Around the Campfire (week 8)

Dear Campers ~

Here's a quick recap in case you missed anything at camp last week:

Posts ~

2/14: 🔥week 7

2/15: air fryer chicken legs

2/16: TT: cast iron skillet broccoli

2/17: banana pudding tart

2/18: kids mask leash

2/19: oatmeal banana energy bars

2/20: grapefruit cocktail

What's Cooking ~

  • crock pot dry rubbed ribs (recipe to follow soon), black beans and rice, coleslaw
  • tik tok chicken (recipe to follow soon), sautéed summer squash and zucchini
  • lemon glazed pork loin (recipe to follow soon), mushroom rice medley, 
  • tomato pie (recipe to follow soon), caesar salad 
  • red and green pork enchiladas (recipe to follow soon- tried lots of new recipes this week!), salad
  • sauerkraut supper
Miscellaneous stuff keeping me busy ~
  • lots of time working in the laundry/cleaning room - took everything out of cleaning closet, discarded what we don't use or had no idea what it was (on the very top shelf was the net to our miniature foozeball table that we thought was lost...why was it in the top of the cleaning closet?); that led to my wanting to 'redecorate' the laundry room. I added peel and stick wall paper, a big black and white cow picture, new knobs for the cabinets - maybe not a necessary update but I sure do like walking in the 'chore room' more now hahahah!
  • read a bunch of books the past 2 weeks (I went sledding last week instead of telling you about a couple of them hahaha, it was so much fun btw!): (1) Christmas Cupcake Murder (Hannah Swensen Mystery series by Joanne Fluke), about a baker who has solved yet another puzzle that the police can't solve hahahah. I always say they are just fine, but then I keep reading them so obviously I like them more than I think I do! I dislike how she writes the recipes but I have to say I don't think I've made anything of hers that doesn't turn out good. ⭐️⭐️⭐️ (2) Shadow Prey, #2 in the Lucas Davenport series by John Sandford - always good for a thrilling, gruesome, edge of your seat read. This one did not disappoint ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (3) Ellie and the Harpmaker by Hazel Prior, the wait time for this book from the library was over 14 weeks and in my opinion I have no idea why so many people are lined up for it. It's supposed to be 'rich, heartwarming, and charming' but (to me) it's slow, boring, and I could not have cared less about Ellie or the harp maker. Boring. I skipped pages in the middle just to speed it along hoping something interesting actually happened. ⭐️ (4) Crepes of Wrath, #1 in the Pancake House Mystery series by Sarah Fox. I read #2 before #1 and it was fine, but reading #1 was much better so I'll stick with the series. Owner of a pancake restaurant solves murders and there's recipes. ⭐️⭐️⭐️ (5) Wine and Punishment by Sarah Fox, says it's #1 in the Literary Pub mystery series but there doesn't seem to be a #2 as of now. I liked this one - a woman opens a book themed pub (2 of my favorite things, reading and cocktails hahahaha). ⭐️⭐️⭐️1/2 (6) Troubles in Paradise, #3 and the conclusion of a series by Elin Hilderbrand. I liked the 1st two ok but I really liked this last one and can recommend this series now ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (7) A Room with a Roux, #3 in the Pancake House series by Sarah Fox, after saying I liked #1 just a minute ago I'm now back to 'eh' after reading this one. Kinda slow, it's just ok. ⭐️⭐️ Whew, I read 7 books in 2 weeks (minus skipping some of Ellie and the Harpmaker haha) - but when they all come in at once from the library you do what you gotta do (especially after waiting for some of them for weeks!). 
Ok, that's all for this week. Hope you'll stop by often to get more recipes, see more fun crafts and projects, and whatever else I can think of to make at camp! Bye!

Sincerely ~ 


Jill
camp counselor

No comments:

Post a Comment