Sunday, February 7, 2021

🔥Around the Campfire (week 6)

 Dear Campers ~

Here's a quick recap in case you missed anything at camp this past week:

Posts ~

1/31: 🔥week 5

2/1: pleated paper heart

2/2: tip-sy tuesday: room temperature butter

2/3: layered heart cookies

2/4: bee valentine (posted 2/6)

2/5: valentine paper wreath

2/6: valentine pickup truck

What's Cooking ~

  • baked scallops, pine nut couscous, chopped kale salad
  • homemade mac and cheese, steamed broccoli
  • crockpot country ribs with mushroom sauce, mashed cauliflower, green beans
  • air fryer salmon, couscous, roasted asparagus
  • shake and bake pork chops, roasted carrots, mixed vegetables
  • baked chicken breast, roasted butternut squash, green salad
Miscellaneous stuff keeping me busy ~
  • read 'For Whom the Bread rolls' by Sarah Fox. Another mystery with recipes series (what is it about this genre of mysteries solved by chefs - or in this case by a woman who owns a restaurant - that includes recipes?) This is #2 in her 'Pancake House Mystery' series, I'm waiting on #1 from the library - don't love it, don't hate it. I'll read another and see if I like it better before giving up on the series 
  • read 'Rules of Prey' by John Sandford, #1 in a very long series that I'm very excited to be starting from the beginning. I've read most of them (he's up to like maybe 25?) but if I've read the first ones I've forgotten them - great thing about having a bad memory, everything old is new again LOL. ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ great book if you like thriller/serial killer/bad guys and good guys. Which I do. 
Have a great week - stop by often to see what else I think of (or get others to contribute!) to make at camp this week! Brooke has at least one more valentine craft and I think it's the best one yet :) Bye!

Sincerely ~


Jill
camp counselor


No comments:

Post a Comment