Friday, February 19, 2021

Oatmeal Banana Energy Bar by Jen

So I saw this recipe on a friends facebook page and was drawn to the words Easy, Healthy, and 5 ingredient.  Decided that seemed right up my alley so gave it a try.

Usually the first word “Easy” is a lie but in this case it was not. Gotta say .. it was surprisingly delicious. 

Below is the recipe - which I halved because I didn’t want the commitment of a giant pan of the stuff if it was gross. (I then feel compelled to eat those kinds of things anyway out of guilt for wasting..) lol.

 



3 large ripe bananas

2 cups rolled oats

1 cup creamy peanut butter, all natural

1 cup chopped walnuts

½ cup chocolate chips*

1 teaspoon vanilla*

1 teaspoon cinnamon*

*optional to taste

 

  1. Mash the bananas in a bowl
  2. Add in the oats, peanut butter, walnuts, choc chips, vanilla and cinnamon
  3. Put in greased pan and bake 350 for 25 minutes. 

 

Doubting I would eat for breakfast or categorize it as healthy necessarily, but it made a delicious snack...and then again later as a dessert. ðŸ˜Š



2.19.19: tt: deviled egg cover 
2.19.18: macrame wall hanging (and Sarge "helping me")
2.19.16: kid craft - decorate notebooks

No comments:

Post a Comment