Tuesday, February 23, 2021

Tip-sy Tuesday: cleaning shrimp hack

I posted about cleaning shrimp a couple years ago, and I still do it that way, but I also found a quick way to devein the shrimp using a fork that I thought I'd share with you today. Simple - just run a fork between the shrimp and the shell along the backside, the tines of the fork cut thru the shell easily and then you just wash the vein away. It makes more of a jagged cut tho so maybe not as 'pretty' as doing it with a paring knife - so I also discovered that you can run the tip of a very sharp knife upside down thru the shell resulting in cleaner edges if you prefer.




 2.23.20: ðŸ”¥week 8

2.23.19: turkey tetrazzini 

2.23.18: random acts of crochet

2.23.17: frozen cooked chicken

2.23.16: how to separate eggs

No comments:

Post a Comment