Wednesday, July 6, 2022

PSA: phones

Today is just a little public service announcement regarding our phones. I lost mine in the grocery store last week, it fell out of my unzipped backpack and as soon as I realized it was missing I retraced my steps, all the way back to the car - and retraced them again. Gone. Checked lost and found and have called the store every day since, no luck. Someone must have found, and kept, it. Ugh some people. 

I was very upset of course! Not only to have to replace the phone I didn't want or need to replace, but now I have phone holders and cases that don't fit, and I lost the picture Brooke drew me years ago and I'm super bummed about that...additionally, and here's the PSA, I didn't have my phone backed up to the iCloud or my computer. Yep. That's bad. 

Without the old phone to transfer all the info to my new phone I had to manually rebuild the phone. I've lost years worth of text chains and voicemails, some of the photos and contacts...plus I didn't have a trade-in so had to pay full price for the new phone! Yikes. 

Word and warning of the day is BACKUP your phones!!!


Fortunately I took a photo of the cute drawing, but I lost the original. I have this photo as my wallpaper/screensaver on the new phone so at least I still get to look at it every day.

7.6.21: recipe holder hack 

7.6.20: wine cork cork board

7.6.19: propagating plumeria 

7.6.18: watermelon 'sushi'

7.6.17: garden update

7.6.16: river cruise packing

No comments:

Post a Comment