Tuesday, July 19, 2022

Tip-sy Tuesday: Cleaning a Cricut Cutting Mat

I've been cricut-ing a lot of things lately and noticed my cutting mat isn't sticky anymore; so before buying a new one I thought to Google for a solution or if I really did have to replace it. Sure enough, there's a fix.

I found this info and it works - easy and saved me some moolah:

Materials cut with Knife Blade will generate more dust or debris that will likely stick to the adhesive on your cutting mat. To help prolong the life of your StrongGrip mat, clean it as follows:

  • Remove large debris with tweezers
  • Avoid scraping the mat. Scraping will push material debris deeper into the adhesive.
  • Wash the mat as follows: 
    • Keep the mat flat supported by a firm surface, and place in the sink. 
    • Run lukewarm water over the mat. Use a plastic, hard-bristled brush to gently scrub in a circular motion until the entire surface of the mat had been cleaned. 
    • Pat dry with a paper towel.
    • Let mat air dry completely for stickiness to return. 


No comments:

Post a Comment