Monday, July 11, 2022

Window Shadow Box Display by Jenny

I outlined in a previous post how I used old farm windows to display 8X10’s.  It turned out perfect.  The last thing my daughter asked for was a shadow box of some kind to display her varsity letters, patches, medals, etc.  There were quite a lot and I checked prices of a large shadow box and found it so expensive!  I then remembered I had one extra old window - smaller than the others so I couldn’t use it for pictures but still large enough to hold the items she was looking to display. I started out laying it all out in a beautiful messy old school collage.  She deemed that WAY too messy and removed half of what I had overlapping on the board and laid it all out flat - in mostly straight lines. 

Next task was attaching the items.  For this one I didn’t attach to the back like I did with the pictures.  The newspapers and pictures were of course easy, for the medals and patches I tried various things and ended up having the best luck with blue tacky “gum”. Using that I was able to hang all the items to the board and then just hung the medals with the ribbons on them over the corners. 



That is the one window I didn’t take back apart after the party was over because it turned out so cool.  Hoping to find a place in the family room to possibly hang it?  If not then I guess it will just go into storage as is for now - because it is way too cool to take apart.



7.11.21: 🔥 week 28
7.11.19: mnih (my niece is hungry!): oslo pasta bake 






No comments:

Post a Comment