Monday, July 18, 2022

RV Organizing: the hold

We have one good outside storage compartment in our fifth wheel (aka: the cottage), we call it the 'hold' and it runs the width of the carriage and has big doors on either side for access. I put in a 3 shelf thing last year on the side closest to the front door but the other side was just a big hole and it'd gotten really junked up. I took everything out and re-organized, along with purchasing another 3 shelf stand. 


For the side that is farthest away I put all the stuff that doesn't get accessed all the time, like cleaning supplies, buckets, bleach, garden edging, etc. (side story - I also put  Dave's wetsuit over there, the one that he's only attempted to put on one time since he bought it - he didn't research tips to putting it on and I can even tell you how hard me and Ginny our camp neighbor laughed as he struggled. We both tried to zip him up as he's jumping up and down trying to wriggle into it LOL, still makes me laugh). Anyway...all the things that don't need to be quickly used is over there.


The closest side holds tools, garden stuff, bug remover, hooks and small hardware, blower, etc. And now we can see and get to everything in it's place. Ahhhhh....

I think my favorite thing is this little idea I thought of all by myself - I hung the paper work towel roll to the side of the wire shelf with a small bungie so we can easily tear off a sheet. I'm feeling very proud of my organizing self this morning hahahah. 


We have what's called the 'garage' that I also worked on but nothing I did out there is very inventive - it's the area in the front of a fifth wheel where the tongue is for towing. There's a canvas surround around the rv so it creates a covered holding area for bikes, chairs, floats, brooms/rakes/shovel, etc. I removed everything, cleaned out thee spiders, and arranged everything to be easier to get to. Other than hanging our life jackets on s hooks and finding a secret place for a hide-a-key, the rest is just standard organizing. 



7.18.21: 🔥 week 29
7.18.19: msih - mexican stuffed peppers
7.18.18: Cathy's strawberry pie (so good!!)
7.18.17: tip to keep off the shoulder tops off the shoulder!
7.18.16: Jen's tip for washing baseball hats


No comments:

Post a Comment