Thursday, March 29, 2018

Butternut Bunny


Oh. My. Cuteness. Check out this bunny made from a butternut squash - seriously, this was very easy and quick...and it's too dang cute. I'm thinking I'll make a couple more and come up with an adorable dining room centerpiece for Easter!


Check back next week, I have a cool (unpainted!) butternut squash recipe to share with you.

Psst: notice the pretty colored eggs? I made those today too and will show you how tomorrow!

Supplies:

  • butternut squash (I tried to find one that would stand up pretty straight, and I wanted one that was a little fatter around - some are too tall and skinny)
  • craft paint and brushes
  • big black sharpie (or black paint and a small brush)
  • cotton ball
  • white paper
  • white glue
Directions:

Paint the entire squash with whatever main color you want your bunny, I did yellow. Also paint the white paper with the main color (you'll cut the ears out of the painted paper). 


Once it's dry, paint on 2 white patches for its belly and face. Add feet using a color that is a bit darker than the base color. Let it dry.

Cut 2 long pieces of paper for the ears, rounded on one end and slightly tapered on the other end. Fold little tabs along the squared end and glue the tabs to the top of the squash by the stem.


Glue the cotton ball on the back for the tail.

When the white patch is dry, draw on a face with the sharpie (or paint it on). 




I found the instructions for this here. It was originally meant for a Thanksgiving table but it's way more Easter-y to me!

No comments:

Post a Comment