Saturday, March 3, 2018

Hosting an Oscar Party!

I kinda think award shows are boring - I like to see the dresses and hear if anyone does or says anything funny (I love Jennifer Lawrence at an award show, she's funny!) but they are long, slow, and it seems like now they are all turning into a platform for political views and commentary, or personal causes, or whatever...who's with me that it's just not very fun to watch?! So having said all that, if I'm going to have a party for something I don't actually care about I'm going to at least make it as entertaining as possible!


So far I have a few games:
  • 15 multiple choice Oscar trivia questions
  • guess 10 quotes from Oscar nominated movies (can they guess what movie it came from, who said it, and what year did the movie come out?)
  • traditional normal Oscar ballot
  • pass the cup (like we did for the Super Bowl, that game was the most fun). I haven't decided on the rules yet but it will be run similar to the football one - put a dollar in, wait for a word to be said or something to happen - if it doesn't happen then pass the cup and that person puts a dollar in and waits for the word or event, etc.
I couldn't think of a food theme this year based on the nominated movies so everyone is just bringing what they want - right now we are doing chili and cornbread with lots of munchies... pigs in a blanket, guacamole, some kind of cheese dip thing, veggie tray, popcorn, and ice cream sundaes (I still have tons of toppings from "Super Bowl Sundaes"!).


click here to see another Oscar party post from 2016.

No comments:

Post a Comment