Thursday, March 15, 2018

Corned Beef Dinner

This is a repeat - but not because I'm not feeling well or making things this time...it's because this is a tried and true recipe and I make it every year! So in case you missed it in the past and are looking for a very easy dinner for St. Patrick's Day, here ya go!



I love corned beef and cabbage and have been making this crock pot version for years, easy and always delicious. I used to put potatoes and carrots in the crock pot with the corned beef but last year I did some in the crock pot and some in the oven, and everyone preferred the oven roasted ones over the crock pot. So this year for our St. Patty's Day party I will roast them all instead (toss with olive oil and coarse salt and put in a 400' oven until they are done). I'll still add some carrots to the crock pot though in case that helps flavor the meat.  I really really love the cabbage part of this meal so I always buy and cook too much to fit in the crock pot - I steam it by itself on the stovetop.  Here is the original recipe:

CROCK POT CORNED BEEF

4 lb. corned beef with seasoning
1 cup water
1 cup guinness (enough liquid to fill 1/2 way up or so)
2 bay leaves
1 t. extra cloves

cook on low x10 hours.

add carrots last 4-5 hours
add cabbage last 3 hours (if you're adding to the crock pot)

I don't have pictures of this but it just looks like a traditional corned beef and cabbage St. Patrick's Day meal :). 











No comments:

Post a Comment