Tuesday, March 20, 2018

Dottie F. Bunny

My Pinterest board is filled with patterns for "amigurumi" (Amigurumi is the Japanese art of knitting or crocheting small, stuffed yarn creatures. I had to google that!)  but I'm not that great of a crocheter - even though I've been doing it my whole life I tend to stick with squares and rectangles - so I've been intimidated to try making one of the cute little animals. I did manage the bunny egg cozy yesterday tho (and the cactus, not an animal hahahah but still, little stuffed crochet pieces all sewn together) and I'm also inspired by "Dottie F. Bunny" that my BFFE Mary made me for my birthday, so I'm going to try something a little harder now...I'm thinking an owl or a turtle, I'll let you know how it goes.

Anyway, about Dottie. Mary did a class on making this adorable bunny and apparently it wasn't very easy to do - hence the "F." in Dottie's name (you decide what the "F" stands for LOL); then she sent it to me with the nicest note that made me cry (besties know how to do that) - one of my favorite gifts ever! Check out the tail! I love this so much.

I don't knit - Mary tried to teach me, and Tesha had her friend try to teach me, but it's hard! Way harder than crocheting...that's why if I'm going to attempt my own amigurumi then it has to be crocheted not knitted. If you do knit are you now tempted to make a cute animal? I can ask Mary if she still has the pattern if anyone is interested.




One year ago: Mark from Paul's Photo shows hot to museum hinge mat your photos
two years ago: boneless coq au vin (basically a chicken stew)

No comments:

Post a Comment