Thursday, March 22, 2018

Kitchen Tip: How to Cook Spaghetti Squash

Oops I almost forgot to post something today - I've had a super busy day and then we went to the movies...it just now occurred to me that I almost missed a day (and it's been a long time since I've missed!). So here is a little quick tip that I just did last night and it worked really good. I love that spaghetti squash is sort of a pasta replacement, so healthy and tasty - it's just a little work to cook the thing. Normally I halve it, put it in either the oven or microwave, and cook until done. I recently saw another way to cook it and I thought I'd share.

Slice off the ends, then slice the squash in rings - I played with different thicknesses and it didn't seem to matter if they were one inch thick or more. Remove the seeds and set the rings on a parchment lined baking sheet and bake in the oven at 400' until done, it took me a little over 30 minutes. Then using tongs to hold the rings over a bowl (cuz the squash is hot!) take a fork and remove the strands from the peel, trying to keep them long so they are spaghetti-like. That's it. Now use however you want - I just added a little spaghetti sauce, chopped leftover roasted chicken, topped with a few small spoonfuls of ricotta cheese and put it back in the oven until the whole thing was hot. Serve with parmesan.









one year ago: making a gallery wall
two years ago: fold a napkin into bunny ears. 

No comments:

Post a Comment