Wednesday, March 7, 2018

Healthy Cauliflower Soup

I'm a little hesitant to even call this a recipe - it's basically just 2 ingredients and beyond simple to make, but tastes so good and is (mostly) guilt free!

You literally just boil cauliflower florets in either water or chicken broth until tender. Pour it into a food processor or blender (note: make sure the base is on tight...don't ask why I'm mentioning this, there was a little incident with broth flooding my countertop), puree until smooth. Start with less of the broth and add more to get the right consistency. Season with salt and pepper to taste.

See what I mean about easy and healthy?!

I've done this many times and you can change it up by adding some rosemary or other spices, or make it with broccoli and cauliflower mixed, and once in a while I add a splash of milk, half and half, or cream to the cooked cauliflower in the blender (that's why I said "mostly" guilt free - but even if you add the bit of cream to the whole pot tho it's not adding a lot of calories overall!)

half broccoli, half cauliflower



No comments:

Post a Comment