Monday, March 19, 2018

Bunny Egg Cozy

Have a headache (and not a "drank too much" headache!) so took a lazy day (sort of like a "personal day" or "mental health" day if I was working outside of the house, but since I'm at home I'm calling it "lazy day" haha) ...put away all the shamrock crap and almost got rid of the leftover Irish bread and Irish cream bundt cake (both of which were a big hit btw) - my plan was to throw them both out but couldn't do it, they can stay one more day and then I'm pitching them! Anyway...now that St. Patrick's Day is behind us it's time to start thinking about Easter - can you believe it's almost Easter already?!

I was surfing for Easter ideas and came across this egg cozy project on Joanne.com - and even though I am a grown-up I'm still a sap for cutie little stuffed animals so I gave this a try. And it turned out super cute! It took me about an hour and he makes me so happy I'm planning to make lots more in different colors - either I'll send them to the fam, or use them as table decoration/party favors for Easter dinner.

This crocheted bunny has an opening in the bottom that is big enough to slip a plastic egg in, I'm going to fill the egg with little candies before putting the bunny cozy over top of it. The yarn gives the egg stability and will stand up without rolling over - seriously, this is too cute.

3 crocheted pieces - the body and two ears. you'll also need a couple beads for the eyes and a plastic egg, along with scissors, yarn, and a big needle.
after sewing the ears to the body, make a pompom tail
(I just wound yarn around a credit card about 50 times. carefully pull it off the card
and tie a long piece of yarn around the middle, pull tight and tie in a knot.
cut the loops and then trim to an even ball)and attach it to the back.
then sew the beads on for eyes and a triangle of yarn for the nose. 
bunny tail... obviously. 




This reminds me of the crocheted cactus I made for Kelly a few months ago, click here for that post. Not as cute as the bunny Mary knitted me of course - I just looked and don't think I ever posted her adorable bunny "Dottie"!! I can't believe it - I will show you tomorrow because if you're a knitter you totally should make one!

I saw this project on Joanne.com, get the crochet directions here.

No comments:

Post a Comment