Saturday, March 17, 2018

Shamrock Plant

I bought little tiny shamrock plants as decorations for our St. Patrick's Day dinner tonight, and then I'll send them home with guests as party favors. I love shamrock plants - I grew my first one from a leaf that our friend Al gave me (he gives them out every year, literally just a leaf with its stem wrapped in wet paper towel), he said to put it in a glass of water and wait for it to grow roots (which it totally did!) and then plant it. Sure enough, a few months later I had my own full shamrock plant! It produces pretty little white flowers that close up at night, and has clover shaped leaves - perfect for St. Patrick's Day of course, but also a pretty houseplant the rest of the year.



Gotta run - I've got corned beef in the crock pot, make-ahead mashed potatoes on the stove, Irish cream bundt cake in the oven...it's a busy morning! Have a fun day everyone (and good luck with that green beer. Just sayin')!


No comments:

Post a Comment