Sunday, March 20, 2016

Boneless Coq Au Vin

Made this for Sunday Supper and everyone (except Patty, she doesn't like chicken thighs - but I couldn't even tell it was dark meat!) loved it. This is a winner recipe - I don't think I've ever made a dish using all thigh meat, I would normally just make it with white meat but FOR ONCE I decided to make a recipe exactly as instructed. No changes. And it's really really good! Maybe I should follow the instructions more often...hmmm.

We had it with mashed potatoes, crusty bread,  and Patty brought a lettuce salad with dried blueberries and cherries, avocado, blue cheese and a slightly sweet vinaigrette that was excellent. Janis made her famous bread pudding for dessert - we were stuffed and super happy :).

browning the chicken thighs
served in shallow bowls with mashed potatoes


 click here for the recipe.

No comments:

Post a Comment