Wednesday, March 30, 2016

Blueberry Crumb Cake

My friend Sheryl gave me this recipe for blueberry crumb cake and it's so so good! If you like crumb cake you should definitely try this recipe - it's fabulous, and the streusel topping (the best part of course) is perfect - mmmm I love crumb cake topping. Normally it's made in a 9" cake pan but I used my giant muffin pan instead and got 8 large muffins. I planned on making this for our new neighbors but as I was mixing up the batter I found out they are out of town right now so instead of having a whole cake that I was (a) either going to eat all by myself, (b) find someone else to give it to, or (3) eat it all by myself,  I decided to make giant muffins so I could satisfy my sweet tooth and eat ONE of them and then freeze the rest for when we have company coming in a couple weeks - yes I could have made the whole cake and froze it but I'm pretty sure my willpower isn't that strong today.

I didn't change anything, other than the size. I baked the giant muffins for approx 25 minutes, let them rest for 15 minutes before removing from the pan and cool the rest of the way on a wire rack. Click here for the recipe. YUM!!


2 comments: