Sunday, March 27, 2016

Easter Flower Ideas

Here's a couple last minute flower arrangements to take with you as a hostess gift today, or to decorate your Easter table.


The first one is a grocery store bundle of yellow flowers. My initial thought was to put them in a baggie of water, insert them in a mason jar, and then fill in around the baggie with jelly beans. (The correct way to do that would be to put the flowers in a jar and then set it into a larger jar, filling the space between the jars that stays dry with jelly beans or whatever. I don't have 2 jars that fit like that so I was winging it with the baggie idea...) So yeah, that didn't work - I was careful but water still got on the jelly beans and that made a mess. So plan B: cut them all to fit, put them in a mason jar, tie a pretty ribbon around the neck of jar. To make it a little more special I hot glued a plastic Easter egg onto a skewer and tucked that into the flowers. Then because I never know when to quit, I hot glued another egg onto the end of one ribbon :)


The second one is a little more time consuming but really cute. The inspiration came from here. I bought 2 bunches of tulips and 3 bunches of carrots with the stems on. Put a rubber band around the vase or container you are using - I used a big mason jar. Tuck clean carrots under the rubber band to hold them place (around the outside of the container), trimming the bottoms to fit. I entertained the idea to leave the carrot tops on but that looked super out of control and messy so I trimmed them to about an inch off the carrot top. Tie a pretty ribbon over top of the rubber band.



Note I did not peel my carrots (didn't seem necessary and they'll last longer I think - just brush them off so they are clean) and left more of the tulip leaves attached so it has a little more "messier" natural look then the inspiration picture. I also found that turning a couple of the carrots upside down helped them lay better against the jar.

wet jelly beans = a mess



2 comments:

  1. Wow! You are good. I love these ideas. I am lazy, I just ordered my floral arrangement's for Easter. However I love these ideas Jill!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks :). They are pretty easy ideas - hope you'll give them a try!

    ReplyDelete