Monday, March 28, 2016

Zipper Bracelet

I saw these bright colored zippers at the craft store and they screamed "bracelet" to me, so I bought the bright pink one and some little snaps and made this... look how cute it turned out. Normally I would use clear plastic snaps but the store didn't have those so I bought the smallest metal ones I could find. You can't see the snap so it worked out just fine.

In this first picture the snaps are under the top of the zipper edges. If you space the snaps correctly the zipper will unzip so you can wear it zipped up like this picture, or unzipped (see below).





This is a 7" zipper. I used matching thread because even though I was very careful I can see the stitches from where I sewed on the snaps...

There are 2 parts to a snap - a top and bottom; you'll sew one part of the snap on each end of the zipper. Depending on how wide the zipper is decide if you want one or two snaps. I used two so it will lay flatter on my wrist.













Sew the bottom part of the snap to the right side of the zipper at the bottom of the zipper where the stop thing is. Attach the top and bottom of snaps together - then put the zipper around your wrist and decide where you want to fasten the other part of the snap. I held the snap in place on my wrist and unsnapped it from the sewn on bottom snap. That way I knew exactly where I wanted the top of the snaps to be so the top and bottom would line up perfectly. Sew in place.




Attach the top part of the snap to the reverse side of the zipper. There will be the snap bottoms on one end of the right side of the zipper, and the snap tops will be on the other end and on the wrong side. This picture is of how it will look with all the snaps sewn in place. Make sense? You won't see the snaps when it's fastened on your wrist!




No comments:

Post a Comment