Monday, March 21, 2016

Bunny Cakes


It's almost Easter and I have a few fun things to show you for inspiration this week. Starting with bunny cake...



I have made this bunny cake for years - as long as I can remember. I have friends that have also been making this for as long as I've known them, I'm thinking that might be where I learned this, so that means I've been making it for like 30 years! Classic :)

I have no idea where this originally came from, you can google and see tons of examples of how people have decorated their Easter bunny cake. It's made from 2 white cake layers, one you leave whole (that's his head) and the other you cut into 3 pieces (2 ears are cut from the outside leaving the center part as a bowtie). Arrange them all on a platter and decorate using thin licorice for whiskers and ears, jelly beans, coconut, m&m's, sprinkles - whatever you want!


Last year I decided to break tradition and try a different bunny cake - it's a bunny butt! So cute, might be a new tradition. It does take a little longer to make this one though, so if you want simpler/faster maybe just do the classic bunny cake!

This one is made in an ovenproof bowl along with 3 cupcakes. See here for the recipe and full instructions.

Whichever one you decide to make will be a hit - everyone loves an Easter bunny cake!

2 comments: