Wednesday, November 13, 2019

Candy Corn Cone

I saw this on Pinterest (how would I make crafts without Pinterest? hahaha, also known as "time sucking black hole"), someone used a styrofoam cone as the base but I don't have one of those and instant gratification isn't nearly as much fun if I have to go to the store for supplies, so I improvised. Made a cone out of a standard size piece of white cardstock, staple to hold it's shape, trim the bottom so it sits flat. Wrap with white, orange, and yellow yarn - whoever thinks saving little bits of yarn is a hoarding issue might change their mind when they see you can make fun things with leftover yarn! - I added white elmers glue every now and then on the paper to keep the yarn from unraveling and popping off the tip of the cone...guess how many times that happened to me before I glued it in place?  Let's go with 7 and that's probably an understatement.


This is apparently the week of kid crafts - first the pipe cleaner Indian corn and now a yarn candy corn. Who knows what'll happen tomorrow, maybe a toilet paper roll or paper plate craft? LOL!







11.13.18: pinecone turkeys

11.13.17: crocheted beanie

11.13.16:  spanish rice

11.13.15: crocheted dog scarf



No comments:

Post a Comment