Sunday, November 10, 2019

Around the Campfire 🔥 (week 45)

Dear Campers ~

Here's a quick recap in case you missed anything at MMDC this week:

Posts ~
11/3: 🔥 44
11/4: pumpkin spice latte
11/5: tip-sy Tuesday: make your own pumpkin spice blend
11/6: canning jar ring pumpkin
11/7: my sis is hungry: pumpkin chili
11/8: salmon two ways
11/9: yogurt sauce

What's Cooking ~
  • baked herb chicken, veggie tots, green salad
  • pork tenderloin, kale salad, roasted broccoli
  • steak, caesar salad
  • grilled tuna, sticky rice, wilted spinach
  • country ribs in mushroom gravy, cauliflower rice, roasted asparagus
Thanksgiving ideas...
I had a super busy week working around the house, not exciting or much to talk about - got in an organizing frenzy in my office/wrapping room/gift closet and pulled everything out and got rid of a ton. Love doing that but it's time consuming!

We are getting a new roof and I spent the whole week with a giant headache from the pounding, and from Sarge barking at them non-stop! He "chases" them back and forth from inside the living room across the picture window every time they walk by outside (which is all day long!). I tried closing the curtains but he just gets behind them and keeps yelling. Super annoying.

Got a new phone and of course that also takes up a lot of time! Love hate relationship with new devices - eventually it'll be great but first I have to do some researching to learn it...

Read "The Cactus" by Sarah Haywood, another Reese Witherspoon book club choice and I'm just going to say it - I think I'm not a big fan of her picks!This is like the third book I've read based on her recommendation and have been mostly disappointed. It's fine - predictable and the characters are annoying but it's a light nothing read if you're up for that. If you read it let me know if I'm wrong! I'll go ⭐️⭐️⭐️ only because I did finish it and it's not a complete waste of time hahahah. For the record, the cover says 'fans of "Eleanor Oliphant is Completely Fine" (which I loved) will love "The Cactus" - but that is not true!

Hope you had a great week - stop by this coming week for more recipes, crafts, reviews, whatever else I can think to make!

Sincerely,


Jill
camp counselor and grumpy book reviewer ;) 

No comments:

Post a Comment