Sunday, November 17, 2019

Around the Campfire 🔥 (week 46)

Dear Campers ~

Here's a quick recap in case you missed anything at MMDC this week:

Posts ~
11/10: 🔥week 45
11/11:  pony bead Indian corn
11/12:  tip-sy Tuesday: how much turkey?
11/13:  candy corn cone
11/14:  'my sis is hungry' review of pumpkin snickerdoodles
11/15:  green bean salad
11/16:  corny corn bread

Tesha and I went to Frankenmuth and ate at Zehnders restaurant - for the first time we didn't choose the "all you can eat chicken dinner" like we usually do and limited ourselves to the 2 piece plated dinner...which was still seriously too much food btw...and while I pretty much like everything that comes with the dinner (got my eye on you,yucky liver pate thing) we both love, love the cranberry relish - it is so fresh, crunchy, citrusy, a little tart and a little sweet - and I totally just eat it by the spoonful! I've posted the recipe in the past but with Thanksgiving just around the corner I thought I'd share it again; I promise, you won't go wrong serving this!

Zehnders Cranberry Relish:

Ingredients:
  • 3 medium sized apples like Northern Spy or Granny Smith, cored but keep the peel on 
  • 1 pound frozen cranberries (you want them frozen so they chop easier)
  • 2 naval oranges, with the peel on
  • 2 cup sugar
Instructions:
  • Chop the apples, oranges (including peel), and cranberries into 1/4" pieces.
  • Add sugar and mix well. 
  • Let set one hour before serving. 

New roof is still underway (uh, hello bad weather slowing things down!) so Sarge is still barking and I still have a headache! In addition to the headache I woke up a couple days ago with my voice sounding like Batman with laryngitis - ugh. Thankfully I didn't have to be in any singing competitions this week - Teri said I might win tho because I'd be rocking a sexy hoarse Janis Joplin type voice LOL. Uh, yeah - no. 

Read "The Last House Guest" by Megan Miranda - guess what, it's another of Reese Witherspoons book picks (remember I haven't been a fan of her choices to date) and this one I actually really liked! Reese is back in my good graces and l might (cautiously) and I can recommend this one for an easy, entertaining, who-done-it, non- predictable read. ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️

Off to Friendsgiving at Al and Cathys, gotta run. My contribution is mashed squash (I'll share that recipe this week), we are looking forward to hanging with friends and enjoying a pre-Thanksgiving dinner.  Have a great week - stop back often for more recipes, crafts, whatever else I can think of to make (hint: more fall and Thanksgiving ideas!). Bye!

Sincerely ~


Jill
camp counselor and Batman sound-a-like



No comments:

Post a Comment