Friday, October 8, 2021

Non-Gore Porch Decor

After yesterday's somewhat gross 'noodle ring' (but yummy chicken ala king haha) I wanted to follow up with something pretty to get that mostly-fail post out of your mind LOL. 


We've talked before about my not loving scary/gory Halloween decor, so when my friend and camping neighbor Ginny showed me her d-i-l Angie's decorated porch I knew I had to share it (so I'm not the only one not doing bloody-brain-eating-baby-on-the-dining-room-table decorating - *cough* looking at you sissy *cough*). 


First she shared this photo and I'm sooooo jealous - this is a straight out of Pinterest beautiful porch (check out the lettering, I couldn't even manage it with stencil and paint let alone chalk hahaha) that also includes a cool idea - the empty space on the bench is for packages. How much nicer is that then the packages being thrown onto the porch from across the driveway? (side note for the record: I have the most amazing UPS man and he is not responsible for throwing stuff at my porch - but the Amazon drivers, don't get me started...).


Gorgeous, right? Literally has me looking around my house for a shelf thing and baskets. Love. Then Ginny sent me a picture of the porch decorated and yep, you guessed it - I'm now obsessed with that lit tree! It's from Costco if you're interested in stealing/copying/borrowing this idea. I already have some crows but they've been around for a few years now and are pretty rough - I'm definitely going to freshen them up (even tho it means another Amazon order! Maybe if I put a shelf thing on my porch with an empty space for packages they'll manage to nicely set them down? HA!).


Hope you find as many inspirational ideas from this as I do! Now I'm off to shop my house and see about jazzing up my porch :) Thanks Ginny (and Angie) for sharing this beautiful photo!


The tree from Costco is item #2006172 (multicolor 7' LED Birch tree)

10.8.20: MSIH: zucchini bread cookies
10.8.18: plastic spider earrings
10.8.17: test tube Reese's 'heart you to pieces'
10.8.16: my crafty sister (no, she isn't crafty - but she IS funny!)
10.8.15: cute and creepy carved pumpkin



No comments:

Post a Comment