Friday, October 1, 2021

Stuffed Eggplant

I've posted before about my not loving eggplant and then making a recipe with it, declaring that I now like it, and then forget how much I enjoy it - and here's another one. I intended to get bigger zucchini to stuff  but when I saw eggplants the other day at the store I decided to stuff them instead. This is sort of another one of my 'non-recipe' recipes, I just winged it with ground meat and spaghetti sauce - Dave and I both thought it turned out great so I'll share what I did:

  • 2 medium eggplants
  • 1 pound lean ground beef
  • 1/2 jar spaghetti sauce
  • Italian seasoning blend 
  • salt and pepper
  • 1 egg
  • 1/4 cup bread crumbs
  • 1/2 cup grated parmesan 

Cut the eggplants in half lengthwise, scrape out most of the inner flesh leaving about 1/2" border so the eggplant holds its shape. Chop the eggplant that you scooped out, put in a pan and cover with water, boil until soft 10-12 minutes. 

Meanwhile, season ground beef with salt and pepper and brown it in a pan over medium heat, chopping it into small crumbles. 

In a big bowl, mix together the cooked eggplant and cooked meat with spaghetti sauce, season with Italian seasoning blend. Adjust salt and pepper to taste. Add the egg, bread crumbs and 1/4 cup grated parmesan. Stuff the mixture evenly into the eggplant shells. Place in a baking dish sprayed with non-stick cooking spray; top with additional parmesan, bake at 350' for 50 minutes. 




other eggplant recipes I like:

breaded baked eggplant

roasted eggplant parmesan

eggplant lasagna


10.1.20: MSIH: italian meatball soup

10.1.19: TT: dividing batter

10.1.18: peeping tom pumpkin

10.1.16: coffee treat

10.1.15: mossy halloween wreath

No comments:

Post a Comment