Wednesday, October 13, 2021

Mozzarella-Stuffed Italian Burgers

I got this idea from one of my sis's Hello Fresh recipe cards, I didn't follow it to a T but the idea is great and this is one of my new favorite lunches. Their version has a creamy pesto topping, I didn't do that - and I've made this so many times now I know that you can use different cheeses, I've done small mozzarella balls and shredded cheddar to great success. You just want to make sure the cheese is encased in meat to help keep it from oozing out. Even if it does tho it's still delicious! 

  • 1 lb. lean ground beef
  • 2 t. Italian seasoning
  • salt and pepper
  • 1 large tomato, sliced 1/2" thick
  • 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella, or small mozzarella balls, or the cheese of your choice
Directions:

Combine beef and seasonings, form mixture into 3 patties (you can make 4 smaller burgers, adjust the cooking time).

Divide the cheese among the patties, place in the center and gently fold the meat up around the cheese to totally seal in the cheese, shape back into patty form making sure the cheese stays covered. 

Season the tomato slices with salt and pepper. Heat a nonstick pan over medium-high heat, add a drizzle of olive oil. Add the tomatoes and cook until lightly browned, a couple minutes on each side. Transfer to a plate. Add a little more oil to the pan and add the patties, cook to your preferred doneness (I do 5 minutes per side and check to see if they're done enough). 

I don't eat this with a bun, the tomato and burger together is delicious and I don't need the bun! But you can, obviously, eat it however you want hahaha. 





10.13.20: TT: easy chicken teriyaki
10.13.2017: costume ideas (adults, there's a bunch of them!)
10.13.2016: making babies (baby plants, that is!)
10.13.2015: Sarge's reversible Halloween scarf

No comments:

Post a Comment