Wednesday, October 6, 2021

Antipasto Skewers

Some people at our campground had a little get-together over the weekend - they made 3 kinds of soup, cheese bread, a couple dips, cookies and cake. I wanted to contribute and thought I'd just grab something at the grocery store like veggies and dip but then got to thinking about covid and is dip for a group of random people a good germ-free option? So then I thought about what kind of individual finger foods I could make that didn't require cooking (our propane isn't working so I don't have any cooking sources other than microwave and grill) - little cucumber slices topped with some kind of dip or hummus? Small cups of dip or guac and carrots/celery? Hmmm... then I took an even easier route and put some things on sticks :)


  • white sharp cheddar into cubes
  • small cherry tomatoes
  • thin salami slices, fold into quarters
  • small marinaded mozzarella balls
  • pitted black olives (I patted them dry first)
Thread onto skewers in any combo you like. I could only find 3.75" long toothpicks at the local store which held one of each of my ingredients. I didn't want to worry about getting my dish back, so I lined a disposable foil pan with plastic wrap (leaving long ends to wrap over top), stacked the skewers on either end and placed a big salami rose in the center; to finish I cut up extra cubes of cheese and sprinkled that along with more olives in the blank spaces on the tray. 

Judging how fast my skewer tray was emptied I'm thinking it was a good choice to bring hahah. Easy, quick, and delish - can't beat that. 


Click here to learn how to make a salami rose. 

10.6.17: Ronda makes a Halloween Treat Box
10.6.16: Dog on the blog - sweet potato dog cookies
10.6.15: Make a spooky terrarium

No comments:

Post a Comment