Sunday, October 6, 2019

Around the Campfire 🔥 (week 40)

Dear Campers ~

Here's a quick recap in case you missed anything at MMDC this past week:

Posts ~

9/29: 🔥 (week 39)
9/30: confetti wrapping paper
10/1: tip-sy Tuesday: dividing batter
10/2: baby spinach salad with dates and pita croutons
10/3: 30-day plank challenge
10/4: spring rolls
10/5: baked zucchini 

What's cooking ~
  • tuna noodle casserole
  • grilled chicken sausages, orzo with roasted tomatoes and feta
  • buffalo salad
  • chicken spaghetti (recipe to follow soon)
  • steak and gorgonzola fettuccini alfredo (recipe to follow soon)
  • grilled chicken, veggie tots, kale salad
Miscellaneous stuff keeping me busy ~
  • read "Before I Say Goodbye" by Mary Higgins Clark ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ good, suspenseful, thriller.
  • read "A Man Called Ove" by Fredrik Backman and if I had more than 5 stars I'd give them. Loved this book! Made me cry, which isn't easy to do, those are the best ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
  • our niece was home this weekend and we got to have an early birthday celebration for her - I made her the above fettuccini alfredo and a pineapple upside down cake (her favorite), then we played ping pong and had so much fun :) Happy early B-day Buffy! 
Spot (and Speedy the snail) seems to be doing really good and if his crazy zoomy swimming is any indication he is living the dream and happy. 

Can't believe how fast Halloween is coming - someone asked me if I have Halloween plans and I thought to myself "Halloween? That's so far away..." nope, it isn't. I don't decorate much, mostly my front porch with pumpkins and bats, I put up the skeleton wreaths, and I have a cool metal jack o lantern made from an old propane tank out there. That's about it. You? 

Have a great week!

Sincerely ~


Jill
camp counselor 


No comments:

Post a Comment