Sunday, October 13, 2019

Around the Campfire 🔥 (week 41)

Dear Campers ~

Here's a quick recap in case you missed anything at MMDC this past week:

Posts ~
10/6: 🔥 week 40
10/7: creamed corn
10/8: tip-sy Tuesday: mushrooms and onions
10/9: yellow squash soup
10/10: carved pumpkin wine cooler
10/11: Brooke's Dia De Muerdos cookie
10/12: baked spaghetti squash

What's cooking ~
  • meatloaf
  • steak, potatoes, asparagus, sautéed mushrooms and onions
  • baked spaghetti squash
  • grilled tuna, sticky rice, wilted spinach
  • chicken enchiladas
  • chicken in sun-dried tomato sauce (recipe to follow)
Miscellaneous stuff keeping me busy other than the blog ~
  • took down everything on my garden wall in the garage and reorganized it (I have a big pegboard wall that all the stakes and garden accessories hang on). 
  • after getting the peg wall ready, I cleaned out most of the garden other than a couple tomato plants that still have tons of green tomatoes and hung everything on my wall until next Spring. Hated doing it because it was pretty nice and sunny this week, but decided to do it before it turns super cold and I'll have to do it in bad weather - that's usually what happens, I wait too long and then regret it! 
  • also pulled all the herbs out, for the first time I transplanted the rosemary into an indoor container and will try to keep it alive on my kitchen windowsill. It was doing so good that I couldn't bear to throw it out. 
  • read "Redemption" by David Baldacci, book 5 in the Amos Decker series. Had to wait for it from the library for a long time, worth the wait and I read it in 2 days ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Hope everyone had a great week - check back often to see more crafts, recipes, and whatever else I can think to make!

PS: I made LeDonna's yellow squash soup with zucchini and it is delicious. It's even good cold - click on the recipe above and try it!

Sincerely ~


Jill
camp counselor and bummed gardener


No comments:

Post a Comment