Saturday, October 12, 2019

Baked Spaghetti Squash

It rained again this week and Dave didn't want to grill (if the weather is decent he's grilling something- seriously every night he's working the grill, but since that's one less thing for me to cook I'm ok with it haha) and I didn't want to go to the store, so I whipped together this easy healthy "pasta" dish; it's more of a "throw ingredients together" thing instead of an actual "recipe" but it turned out so good I thought I'd share how I did it so I don't forget, we will definitely make this again.


Cut a spaghetti squash in half the long way, scrape out the seeds, put cut sides down on a baking sheet sprayed with non-stick cooking spray. Bake at 375' for about 45 minutes until tender. I turned the oven off and just let it stay in the oven for about an hour until I remembered that it was in there. Maybe because it sat so long (?) it was not wet at all doing it this way - I usually cook the squash in the microwave and it's so watery that I have to wring it out! Using a fork, scrape the spaghetti strands out of the rind and put in a casserole dish.


Add spaghetti sauce, a can of mushrooms (or sautéed fresh, I was lazy and used canned!), and a few pieces of cubed fresh mozzarella; mix it all together, sprinkle with grated parmesan, and bake until heated thru and the cheese is melted.




I didn't add any more veggies since it's already solid veg, but you can add if you want! It'd also be good if you added meat (chopped chicken, italian sausage, ground beef, etc) or serve as a side dish. We kept it veggie and served with a side salad. Yum, this was perfect on a rainy night!


10.12.18: Halloween flamingo

































10.12.15: Halloween tree



No comments:

Post a Comment