Tuesday, October 5, 2021

Tip-sy Tuesday: how to make a salami rose

I made a charcuterie board (click for that post) a couple months ago that I thought turned out really pretty and sent a pic to my nieces - Paige wrote back that I should have included a 'salami rose' and sent a TikTok showing what she meant. Cuz yep, I needed more info than 'salami rose'! Turns out making thinly sliced meat into a flower shape isn't difficult at all - which is great because if it was hard I never would have bothered LOL. 

I made some skewers to take to a party last weekend and had salami left over and thought I'd fill up the tray with a salami rose; I had to experiment with what size glass to start with - smaller glass means smaller flower obviously and I wanted the flower to be pretty big. All you do is layer the slices over the rim of the glass, just keep folding them in half over the edge until either the opening is full or you run out of salami hahaha. I used 36 slices to make a pretty big flower, there was still a little opening in the center so I took the last slice and folded it into the center space just to fill it in. Turn the glass over and voila - you have a salami rose. 





10.5.20: crochet owl basket

10.5.19: baked zucchini








10.5.17: mummy picture












10.5.16: m&m cookie bars


















No comments:

Post a Comment