Sunday, October 31, 2021

🔥 Around the Campfire (week 44)

 Dear Campers ~

Here's a quick recap in case you missed anything at camp last week:

Posts ~

10/24: 🔥 week 43

10/25: fall owl wreath

10/26: tip-sy tuesday: apple crisp with a (caramel) twist

10/27: ultimate butterscotch bundt cake

10/28: mr. bones and double dips

10/29: creamy grape salad

10/30: roasted pumpkin seeds

What's Cooking ~

  • west coast chili *, green salad
  • beef stroganoff, salad
  • turkey breast with stuffing (Costco), steamed sugar snap peas
  • bbq ribs, roasted baby potatoes, chopped kale salad
  • grilled chicken, baked spaghetti squash with marinara, roasted broccoli
  • shake-n-bake pork chops (spread with dijon, add rosemary to the shake and bake mix - yum
*remember when my sis said my chili wouldn't win a chili cook off? 😂 The post still makes me laugh!

Miscellaneous stuff keeping me busy ~
  • unassembled my treadmill so I could carry it up the stairs easier, took me 2.5 hours but I'm so happy to finally have that chore done. My treadmill quit working last year after being so great for 30 years - wish I knew how many miles I chalked up in all that time (I didn't use it to drape clothes over, I love my treadmill and used it religiously!). Next up is finding a new one! 

  • cleaned out my makeup/junk drawer - it had gotten so messy that most of the time I couldn't close the drawer without jiggling everything around. Feels so good to open it now and have everything in it's place. While I was at it I threw out a bunch of old stuff, or things I never use (I had 6 different foundations, and I don't even wear foundation very often! - and I didn't count but I bet I have 30 lipsticks, guess how often I wear lipstick?). Ahhhhh...I'm now inspired to go thru other drawers and pare down - I'm having a "Joy of Tidying Up" moment!
That's all for this week. Happy Halloween (if you're into that!)! Hope you'll stop back often to see more recipes, crafts, projects, ideas - whatever I can think of to make at camp next week! Bye :) 

Sincerely ~

Jill
camp counselor



No comments:

Post a Comment