Friday, October 29, 2021

Creamy Grape Salad

 The word 'salad' is a little deceiving in the title - grapes in a sweet creamy sauce topped with brown sugar might just be the best 'salad' for people who don't like salad hahahah!! Whatever you want to call it (I'm going with 'dessert' haha), this recipe from Teri is SO good! She's mentioned it before, but the other day when she said she's making a giant batch to take to her son's football team dinner I thought I should finally make and taste it for myself. Even better, they are doing a Halloween theme dinner so she's calling her grape salad 'eyeball salad' (she is making a label that says something about being the eyeballs of their opponents LOL). 



I scaled the recipe waaaaay down since it's just two of us eating it, I pretty much did 1/4 of the ingredient amounts and we love it. I blended the softened cream cheese and sour cream with a spoon, I should have done it with the mixer so it'd be smoother (yep, lazy Jill won over do-it-right Jill once again); my dressing has little tiny clumps of cream cheese which doesn't change the flavor obviously, it just doesn't look as good as it would if I would have combined them with a mixer. 


  • 1 (8oz) block cream cheese, room temperature
  • 1 cup sour cream
  • 1/3 cup granulated sugar
  • 2 t. vanilla
  • 2 pounds red grapes
  • 2 pounds green grapes
  • 3 T. brown sugar 
In a large bowl, combine the cream cheese, sour cream,  white sugar, and vanilla. Blend until smooth. Stir in the grapes, mix well. Sprinkle with brown sugar before serving.


To make a smaller salad I did 1/4 cup cream cheese, 1/4 cup sour cream, 1 T. sugar, 1/2 t. vanilla, 60 grapes. 

10.29.20: witch hat cupcakes















10.29.19: black cat string lights









10.29.18: bloodshot eyeball appetizer









10.29.17: Jen's easy spider cookies











10.29.16: brain hemorrhage drink

10.29.15: skeleton pretzels




    No comments:

    Post a Comment