Monday, October 11, 2021

RV Storage: underbed hanging shoes

This isn't my idea but it's a good one so I borrowed it, made a couple changes, and it works perfectly.  I had a pile of shoes on the closet floor in our fifth wheel (aka 'the cottage') that's been driving me crazy, I either needed to pare down or figure out a better storage solution - and I'd rather organize stuff than get rid of it hahahah. So when I saw this (can't remember where - probably that time-sucking Pinterest) I immediately wanted to try it - but didn't want to spend a lot of money on it in case it didn't work for some reason - the great Pinterest idea could easily be a Pinterest-fail in my world hahha. 

Ran to our local Walmart and found the cheapest over-the-door shoe holder they have (around 5 bucks)  and some super cheap shower curtain hooks (under $2); cut the rows of the shoe holder apart, bent open the shower rings to fit over the bed frame sides, pierced the shoe holder with the pointy end of the shower ring, hang and fill. Simple and easy. 




Dave was pretty impressed with how this turned out and said I should blog it except no one has a lifting mattress like this - I said yeah, except every other camper you see does, so I'll blog it for my camping friends LOL! 

His shoes are too tall for this to hang under the mattress so I used one row of the shoe holder and put over the door - it's only a couple pairs but he doesn't have nearly as many shoes here as I do!



No comments:

Post a Comment