Tuesday, September 29, 2015

Rhubarb BBQ Sauce

Our friend Steve brought over a bunch of rhubarb this summer; I diced it and put 3 cup portions into sealed baggies (flatten the bags and squeeze out as much air as you can - or stick straw into the top and suck out air to make them even more air tight) and put them in the freezer. I have quite a few bags of rhubarb (yay!) and have been looking for recipes to try - usually I think of rhubarb in sweet dishes (my friend L. makes the best rhubarb pie, and I have a good recipe for rhubarb crisp), so when I saw this recipe for savory rhubarb bbq sauce in a magazine I was intrigued and decided to try it. Normally I would at least double a recipe like this, but I didn't want to waste the rhubarb if it ended up not being so good! I really wish I would have made more though, lots more - it's delish. 


No comments:

Post a Comment