Wednesday, September 23, 2015

Candy Coated Marshmallows

I saw this in a craft store ad and thought it'd be fun to try (and eat)...it was actually a little harder, messier, and not as pretty as the ad though - that drives me crazy!

The good: a bag of candy melts goes a long way - I made 32 using 4 colors of candy melts (caramel apple, light cocoa, candy corn, orange) and easily have half of each bag leftover, it was a fairly quick project, there are lots of different colored melts to customize to your party or theme colors, and they should taste good (fluffy sugar with sugar coating and sugar sprinkles - what's not to taste good?).
first layer

The bad: it was messy, and hard to get the second layer of candy to look good - even sprinkles didn't help much. I tried applying the second layer by dipping them in the melted candy (which is what they said to do),  using an offset spatula, and finally with a decorating bag and #104 tip...nothing worked to make them look like the picture.
adding second layer and sprinkles

The ugly: I am taking these to my niece and her soccer team tonight at practice - I hope that even though they don't look as nice as I would have liked they still taste good and the girls like them!



2 comments:

  1. Girls loved them- for some reason they all wanted the green..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very interesting I may give these a try for work

    ReplyDelete