Sunday, July 21, 2019

Around the Campfire 🔥 (week 29)

Dear Campers ~

Here's a recap of what happened at camp this week in case you missed anything:

Posts ~
7.14: 🔥 (week 28)
7.15: Miss Lori's gorgeous felt flowers
7.16: Tip-sy Tuesday: frosting tip
7.17: North Carolina Tarheel cookies
7.18: my sis is hungry: Mexican stuffed peppers
7.19: Brooke makes funny t-shirts
7.20: grilled tuna pasta salad

What's Cooking ~
  • garden tomato sauce with chicken sausage and meatballs, polenta (recipe to follow shortly!)
  • grilled tuna, greek salad with creamy dressing, roasted garbanzo beans
  • grilled chicken, black bean and corn salad (mixed with tomatoes and cojita cheese)
  • grilled tuna pasta salad (see above)
Miscellaneous stuff keeping me busy but not worth a post ~
  • read "A Stranger in the Woods" that Al recommended, it's an interesting book about a real life guy who decided one day to get lost in the woods and stayed in there for 27 years becoming a hermit and never having contact with anyone. He stole supplies and food from local cottages until he was finally caught. I like quiet and being alone, but 27 years? Wow. ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
  • spent way longer than necessary organizing my new golf bag I got for Christmas. Yep, it's July and I just now set it up. Not sure why I needed a new bag when apparently I'm a very lazy golfer who only goes out once a year haha! Then I spent even longer on Amazon picking out new golf club covers that go with the new bag and my big stuffed Scottie head cover. How is it I ever get anything done? 
Hope you had a great week and are staying cool! I walked Sarge at 6 am Friday because it was already in the mid-80's and humid - ugh. Stop back next week to see a couple more recipes, a blog from Brooke, and whatever else I can think of. 

Sincerely ~


Jill
camp counselor and hot weather whiner

1 comment: