Monday, December 11, 2023

Tiered Christmas Tree Skirt

I don't put up a full-size Christmas tree anymore, I switched to a smaller one that I put on top of a table so it's still up high and I can sit by the lights and have space to put gifts underneath. Sometimes I drape the table with a blanket, sheet, tablecloth, furry throw - this time I made a 'skirt' that fits over the table out of felt and a plastic tablecloth and I love how it turned out. This is a pretty quick and simple project if you want to try it for yourself.


I cut strips of the plastic tablecloth and hot glued them in ruffled rows one on top of the other starting with the bottom row. Pinch and pleat the tablecloth while gluing to create the ruffled effect. I did 4 tiers, you can add or subtract depending how tall your table is and how wide you cut the strips. Because there's a visible-not-very-pretty glue line at the top I covered it by gluing on pieces of raffia. 

See the pictures below for reference, but really this is a wing-it kind of project! 









No comments:

Post a Comment