Sunday, June 21, 2020

Around the Campfire 🔥 (week 25)

Dear Campers ~

A quick recap in case you missed anything at MMDC last week:

Posts ~

6/14: 🔥 week 24
6/15: painted sticks
6/16: Tip-sy Tuesday: toasting pine nuts
6/17: peas with rosemary and pine nuts
6/18: my sis is hungry: fruit pizza
6/19: pompom bookmarks by Brooke
6/20: wedge salad platter

What's Cooking ~
  • grilled marinated pork chops, perfect baked sweet potatoes, roasted asparagus
  • rice bowls (layer cooked flavored rice, salad, chopped whatever kind of meat you have - I make this when we have leftover meat, sometimes I mixed together a variety of things like chicken breast, pork tenderloin, steak, etc.)
  • pork tenderloin, potato salad, macaroni salad, make-your-own-lettuce salad
  • burgers on ciabatta rolls, veggie tots
  • grilled steak, caesar salad
  • grilled tuna, greek salad, roasted garbanzo beans
Miscellaneous stuff keeping me busy ~
  • read "Broken" by Karin Slaughter (#4 in her Will Trent series), no where near as scary or graphic as the previous ones (not saying that's a bad thing hahaha), it was just ok in my book. Or in her book ;) ⭐️⭐️⭐️
  • spent a few days at the campground, this time we worked on moving big pavers to make a pathway. And more moving sand. I do not have blisters this week so maybe I'm getting tougher hahaha. 
  • made a windsock for the campsite - I'll show you pics of that this week! Started a matching wreath but didn't finish it. 
That's it - hope you guys had a great week and are staying cool (it was too hot and humid for me!), stop back next week to see more fun projects, recipes, and whatever else I can think to make at camp!

Sincerely ~


Jill
camp counselor and paver-layer (bet ya can't say 'paver-layer' fast 3 times! 😂)

No comments:

Post a Comment