Thursday, June 25, 2020

Veggie Cobb Salad

I saw a vegan cobb salad at the Cheesecake Factory last year and took a picture thinking I'd try to copy the idea - and a year later I finally got around to making my version of this fantastic salad. We had it for dinner last night and it's great! I didn't make it exactly the same as theirs, changed the toppings to suit us (and what I had on hand). You can obviously use whatever veggies and grains you like or make it just like theirs.


Start with a base of mixed greens then add your toppings lined up in rows. My salad had leftover cooked broccoli, quinoa mixed with barley (from a prepared package I found in the rice and pasta aisle at the store), avocado, roasted garbanzo beans, cukes, goat cheese, and halved cherry tomatoes. I tossed the greens with a bit of olive oil and coarse salt before adding the toppings, then let everyone add the salad dressing of their choice at the table - I chose flavored olive oil and white balsamic vinegar and loved it.


It's so pretty make sure everyone sees it before you toss it all together to serve it! You'll get oohs and ahhhhs for sure!


Here's their version with beets, asparagus, green beans, quinoa mixed with farro, almonds, and sunflower seeds, avocado, garbanzo beans, cucumber, tomato. They serve with a house vinaigrette.


1 comment:

  1. Yum. I just added to my pickup grocery list a few things to make this.

    ReplyDelete