Saturday, June 27, 2020

Mr. Squirrel gets a Paint job

This is a super easy little thing to jazz up old garden statues and what-nots - repaint them!

I forgot to take a before picture before I started painting him!

I've probably posted this idea in the past because I do it often -  I might have even showed you this squirrel before when I took him from plain old cement colored gray to yellow, and then white. Well now he is black and it's the best he's looked so far.

I did it with a sponge brush and acrylic craft paint, a much faster way would be to spray paint it but I have a deathly aversion to spray paint - if you know the story of why that is then I don't have to say anything else. If you don't I'll just leave it as a "don't ask me how I know" story and trust me that taking 5 times as long sponge painting it was worth it to me :)


I did not seal it after painting, I've made him multiple colors in the past and he's held up pretty good - good enough for me since I'll obviously end up painting him a different color in the future!

No comments:

Post a Comment