Monday, October 19, 2020

Crochet Cat Basket

 2 things happened for me to make this basket:


(1) I still have leftover yarn on my desk from making the cutie owl basket, and I'm too lazy to put it away.

(2) I made a few masks to send to my friend Janis (who is also a cat lady - not so much a 'crazy cat lady' but more a lady who likes cats hahahaha) and the idea to crochet her a cat basket to send the masks in popped into my head. 

At first I was just going to wing it and make up a pattern based on the owl but then I googled 'crochet cat basket' wondering if anything would come up and sure enough - I'm not the only person who had the idea! I based mine on a pattern found here  at Woolstreet.ca, but I didn't add the face and I did half double crochet stitches. 

This was very easy to make and came together quickly, and it's pretty cute too. The ears remind me of Sarge so I'm going to make a black one next and see if I can make it look like a scottie :)



Oh, and Brooke is the one that came up with the idea to keep masks in a basket by the front door after seeing my owl (and my craft room full of masks and mask-making supplies hahah). Good idea BL! 


No comments:

Post a Comment