Sunday, October 4, 2020

🔥Around the Campfire (week 40)

Dear Campers ~

Well, it was a better week of keeping up with the posts hahaha! Here's a quick recap in case you missed anything:

Posts ~

9/27: 🔥week 39

9/28: and the winner is...

9/29: tip-sy Tuesday: accessory organizing

9/30: german chocolate bars

10/1: MSIS: italian meatball soup

10/2: popsicle stick frankenstein

10/3: parmesan bubble bread

What's Cooking ~

  • pork schnitzel (from Costco - it was a little work but we loved it!), penne, mixed veggies
  • blackened salmon, brown rice, steamed broccoli
  • baked eggplant, mac and cheese
  • mini grilled pizzas, caesar salad
  • grilled chicken, roasted asparagus, basmati rice with lemon
Miscellaneous stuff keeping me busy ~
  • read 'Truths I never told you' by Kelly Rimmer. This is the 3rd book I've read by her, first was 'before I let you go' ⭐️⭐️ reviewed here; 'the things we cannot say' which gets great reviews but I struggled to finish it (the book goes back and forth between holocaust era historical fiction and present day characters piecing together the past) ⭐️⭐️; and now this one (about postpartum depression, another book where the storyline is going back and forth between the past and present day characters piecing together the past, and an annoyingly unsympathetic lead character) which is going to continue my 2 star streak ⭐️⭐️  - I think she is just not on the top of my favorite author list and I'm probably not going to be searching out any more of her books!
Hope everyone had a good week - stop by to see more recipes, crafts, and whatever else I can think of to make!  (or bribe other people into sharing haha). 

Sincerely ~


Jill
your camp counselor

 

No comments:

Post a Comment