Wednesday, February 3, 2016

Cookie Bites

I normally make chocolate chip cookies from scratch, but sometimes I'm in too big of a hurry and use store-bought dough...and when that happens I usually make these cookie bites just to make them a little more "homemade". This is so simple it's almost embarrassing to write out the directions haha!! They are really good though, so I wanted to share my little shortcut with you.

I buy the kind of dough that is prescored and you just break off the square and put it on a baking sheet, except that I put each square into a greased mini muffin tin (my mini muffin tin gets used a lot, have you noticed that?!) and bake at whatever temp the package says for approx 11 minutes until lightly browned but not too well done. Pull the pans out and let them cool for a couple minutes, then insert a piece of unwrapped candy into the top of each cookie - whatever kind you like or have on hand. I use chocolate hugs or kisses, chopped up caramels, mini peanut butter cups (my favorite), whatever. Let the cookies cool until you are able to remove them from the pan then carefully run a small knife around the edges to loosen, and sort of twist and lift them out of the pan. Set on a wire rack to completely cool - if you can wait that long :). Easy-peasy, and yummy!

No comments:

Post a Comment