Tuesday, February 16, 2016

Lemon Cake

My friend Sheryl brought a slice of this lemon cake to me at work and I loved it SO much she brought a whole loaf over for our super bowl party. I asked her to share the recipe along with any changes or tips she has so I could share it with you guys (well for you guys and so I'd have it too haha) - and here it is! This is a very lemony cake, I actually think it's more of a lemon quick bread but whatever category you want to put it in it is delicious and if you like lemon I hope you'll try this! Promise, it's really really good.

The recipe is from Food Network (click here for the recipe), Ina Garten/Barefoot Contessa is usually reliable and this is no exception.

Sheryl's changes are:
-  she uses 2/3 cup each of sugar and lemon juice to make the syrup, noting that she uses Meyer lemons and if you use regular lemons that much syrup might be too sour - so I would leave the recipe alone if you are using regular, increase it if you have milder Meyer lemons.
-She removes the cakes from the pans and sets on a rack covered with aluminum foil to let the cake absorb all the syrup instead of having it run off.
-for the glaze, she decreases the amount of lemon juice to 3T to thicken it a bit.

Ok, now my mouth is watering from thinking about lemons and this cake...enjoy!














2 comments:

  1. So I improved an Ina Garten recipe? now that's something to crow about!

    Great blog, Jill! Thanks for keeping us crafty!
    -Sheryl

    ReplyDelete