Monday, February 29, 2016

Oscar Party

We threw an Oscar party last night, not because I care who wins haha but because it's a reason to have a party!  Actually it's mostly because our friend Patty loves to bet (and she usually wins, darn
her) and if I'm going to lose to her at least we have fun hanging out...;)


Here's a few photos and ideas for you - save them for next year or use them for inspiration at your next party:

* My sister gave me this idea: I put up two separate poster boards with categories to vote on - we wrote our names on sticky notes and put them under our choices. As the winners were chosen on tv we removed the losing sticky notes so all that was left were the winners. That made it easy at the end to tally up points.



*We played "name the famous Oscar movie quotes" - I found the idea for that here. I just wrote out the quotes on pieces of paper, taped them to a door with decorative tape I got at the Dollar Store, made a sheet for guests to fill out guessing the name of the movie, the person or character who said it, and what year it was released.
name the quote game

*We also played Oscar Bingo - I downloaded the bingo sheets here.

*There was a "seat filler", if anyone got up from where they were sitting they put the bear in their seat to hold their spot; a "red carpet" up the front sidewalk (plastic tablecloth I taped down to the cement); I made bow ties out of black napkins (idea from here), and we did food that had a movie-related theme. For example: a plate of desserts was for "Joy", little sausages was "Spotlight" (think about that one, it took me a second!), potato skins was "Brooklyn", etc. People got pretty clever and creative!


the "red carpet"
napkin bowties
*I found most of the supplies at Dollar Stores - poster board, foil stars, decorative tape, popcorn buckets (I filled small ones with flowers and a large one with popcorn), raffle tickets (we used them for tie-breakers and I decorated with them), and big boxes of candy for prizes.
dollar store supplies












2 comments:

  1. Hi, Jill...This was so creative and looked like so much fun. You should have been a kindergarten teacher, you would have been great at it!!!! Entertaining and creative!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Candy - agree I would have loved teaching!!

    ReplyDelete