Saturday, February 20, 2016

Lucky Cat Martini

I love to get ideas when we are at restaurants for food and drinks that I think I'd like to try to make at home - problem is as soon as I get home I forgot all about them. So I started taking pictures of the menu and cocktail ideas when I see something that intrigues me, with the idea that maybe if I can remember what the ideas are I will actually try them! Yes that means I have probably hundreds of pictures on my phone of recipes, pictures, drink descriptions, etc - and while I still won't remember where I took the picture at least I have captured the thought.



I took a picture of this drink years ago at a PF Chang's - I was with non-drinkers (a bunch of kids!) at the time so wouldn't order one then, but since I still have the description on my phone I finally decided to make one. Naturally I modified it a little bit, I don't have vanilla vodka so I substituted cake flavored instead. It is delicious! Not sure if changing the vodka flavor changes the name - maybe I've made up my own drink, think I'll call it the "lucky dog" instead hahahaha! I have no idea if that name is already taken and I'm too lazy to google it so...call this whatever lucky animal you want and enjoy :)



Directions:
Put some ice in a shaker. Add 2 oz. cake (or vanilla) flavored vodka and 1 oz. pineapple juice. Shake for 30 seconds until really cold. Pour into glass. Add 1/2 oz chambord, it will sink to the bottom of the glass.


I don't have stemmed martini glasses, it would be even prettier in one of those!













No comments:

Post a Comment