Sunday, February 28, 2016

Grilled Steak and Chicken over Salad with Mustard Vinaigrette

This is an easy yummy dish that I make quite often - especially when we are having people over for a casual dinner. I marinate flat iron or flank steak and chicken in gallon size zip lock bags for a few hours; Dave then grills them (you can also grill them earlier in the day and serve at room temperature over the salad), let them rest for a few minutes while you assemble the salad.


I totally wing this, use whatever you like or have available - usually it's sliced tomatoes, avocado, and arugula all tossed in a vinaigrette; this time I added a can of white beans and used a mustard vinaigrette that I made earlier in the week and had on hand. Sometimes I'll add corn, chopped jicama, other kinds of beans...really, whatever you want! Sprinkle shredded parmesan on top.

To marinate steak - I combine some olive oil, vinegar, a splash of worcestershire and soy sauce, and montreal steak seasoning in a bag; add the steak and roll it around in the marinade so it's coated, seal the bag and put in fridge until ready to grill.

For the chicken - combine some olive oil, white wine vinegar, a splash of orange, lemon, and lime juices, a little soy sauce, some poultry seasoning, and dried thyme in a bag; add the chicken and turn to coat all of the meat, seal the bag and put in fridge until ready to grill.

I don't have measurements because I literally just pour some of each ingredient in the bag.


Mustard Vinaigrette - in a jar with a lid I put some olive oil, white wine vinegar, a tablespoon of water, a couple tablespoons of dijon mustard, salt and pepper; put the lid on and shake until completely mixed together. Then add a splash of cream, shake again. This will keep in the fridge for quite a few days, but you'll use it up quickly it's so good.



No comments:

Post a Comment