Monday, February 1, 2016

Repurpose a Frame (make a wire and cork memory board)

We have a canvas painting that had a shiny black lacquered frame on it that was so dated and matched nothing in our house anymore - so I decided to change up. It was easy to remove the painting from the frame, and it actually looks better frameless so I hung the canvas back up without one.

I spray painted the frame bright orange. A little tip: do not spray paint anywhere near anything, take it way out in the yard or driveway or something - do not spray paint close to the garage. Don't ask me how I know, just trust me - overspray is a b*tch.



I put 4 small nails in the back of the frame (2 on each side across from each other) and strung thin wire between them, wrapping it tightly around the nails to hold it taut. To finish I cut strips of cork (found them at the craft store in 12" squares) 2.5" wide and glued them around the inside of frame to act as a bulletin board of sorts.


Hang it on the wall and clip pictures, mementos, cards, whatever, to the wire strings and use short tacks to pin things around the edges. Much better than when it was shiny black!











For some reason Sarge is fascinated with the back side of the display...

No comments:

Post a Comment